Back AOG crate delivery to meet heavy maintenance deadline | Sterling Global Aviation Logistics
Coordinated pick up and booked the shipment on a flight from Hamburg to Malta. Communicated urgent AOG situation to the airline for special handling. Re-routed the crate to Frankfurt for an earlier flight, within five minutes of the client's request.
A commercial airline's A330 grounded in Malta in the late-fall of 2018 needed to complete its heavy maintenance check. The part needed was a bulky crate measuring 125 cm x 99 cm x 95 cm and weighing 151 kg located in Hamburg. Not only was the size of the crate difficult to accommodate on narrow-body flights, but capacities to Malta were also limited - especially leading up to the 2018 holiday season.
- Coordinated pick up and booked the shipment on a flight from Hamburg to Malta
- Communicated urgent AOG situation to the airline for special handling
- Prior to the crate being delivered to the airline in Hamburg, the client requested a new deadline for 24 hours earlier
- Arranged to combine a special truck to take the crate from Hamburg to Frankfurt for an earlier flight the next morning within five minutes of the requested change
- Delivered the crate within 32 hours of the original request.